1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Positive Discipline: A Childhood w/o Violence

Discussion in 'Primary School Age' started by Solange Diaz, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

2. Awww thank you so much for sharing this! I will save this on my phone. I needed this because sometimes I talk too much to my schooler. :(

3. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Thank you for sharing this. I sometimes forget that my boys are still kids and that they still make mistakes because they are still learning. :)

4. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

This is a good idea. I think negative reinforcement and physical punishment never works anyway.

5. Christie

Christie Active Member

I was raised by my parents this way. Spanking, hitting, and harsh words were never welcome in our house, and if our parents hear any bad word, we get a long and very detailed, very boring explanation on why we should never say those words. It's so boring you'd cry :D :D :D

6. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Back then, we were raised with belts and spanking by our mother only if we did something grave. We grew up disciplined and well-behaved, but we never passed that on to our children.

7. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Thank you for this. I have never thought of negative reinforcement on my kids, and this has really convinced me that it should not cross my mind EVER.