1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

POTLUCK CRISIS

Discussion in 'Primary School Age' started by iamevallain, Jan 8, 2017.

1. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

So I have this potluck to attend to in two weeks. and I expect just about EVERYONE to bring guacamole. I need something new and fresh to bring to the party table.

Any ideas Moms and Dads? Need reinforcements! lol

2. My wife makes the ultimate Apple Pie! in any occasion that we have, it never fails to put smiles to everyone's faces (and tummies! lol)

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Why guacamole? Makes me wonder. Anyway, maybe you could bring something unique and very easy to prepare so you can bring for a bunch of people to try. Whenever we have potlucks with friends, I often bring viands like spring rolls or Chicken ala King or chicken pops or some pasta. If I am lazy to cook, I stop by a bakeshop and buy a cake. Haha.

4. It's funny, I always ran out of ideas when it comes to this and I always end up buying from a resto or fast food, be it pizza or donuts or something sweet for dessert. I don't usually bring meat or heavy meal because most of my friends know how to cook so they'll probably deal with those. :)

5. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I usually just make piggies in a blanket because they are easy to make and pleases both adults and kids. Little cocktail hotdogs wrapped in bacon with a sliver of cheese inside. Secure with a toothpick, deep fry and voila. :D Just make sure of the quality of the individual ingredients, like it must be a great tasting hotdog and bacon on its own. For dipping sauce, I buy spinach dips, or make one by mixing ketchup and mayo with some hint of basil.

6. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I'm confused too. Why guacamole? Is there a theme for the party you're going to?

If everyone's bringing guacamole, why don't you bring the tortilla chips and the salsa :p Kidding aside, Baked macaroni or baked lasagna always hits the spot for me :)

7. Wow looks yummy! I imagined every ingredients you just mentioned. Very juicy hotdog and bacon, oh my gosh! I will make this for my kids soon. I have to write this on my planner so I won't forget. Haha. Is that fresh basil?

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

FINAL DECISION. I ended up making my very first lasagna! I actually used an old recipe, and although it told me to use homemade marinara sauce and authentic lasagna noodles, I used store bought sauce and lasagna sheets that cook as you bake! everybody was happy, so yay! :)

9. sounds delicious! I add bacon strips to my lasagna as another layer, and as my top layer. Bacon makes everything good! :)

10. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

I don't like those bake to cook noodles for my lasagna, sometimes they cook unevenly. :( but bacon is good eats, for sure!

(and yes, believe it or not, dads can cook too, people. lol)

11. oh man. I was kinda hoping you'd make the piggies in a blanket by @Peachkins! lol. lasagna is good too. just give me something that's cheesy, and Im good! lol.

12. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I am about to comment that dads can cook too. Haha. My husband loves to cook too! He's just messy in the kitchen when e does cook. They said if someone is messy in the kitchen, it sure is a good meal. :)

13. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

maybe next time @Picked Peppers ! :) but it's definitely a good idea... maybe I'll sub the hotdog for other things... experiment time!