1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Preparing For Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Wanting to conceive' started by Princess, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Princess

Princess Active Member

Hi moms!

My baby is almost a year old, and while I am not trying to conceive right now, I would love it if you can give me tips and tricks to help me prepare for my next pregnancy. My husband wants a baby girl, and we both agreed not to rush anything, but to prepare for it both in health and in financial terms.

Any advice you can give me, health, financial, emotional etc? :p

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Exercise, save for the baby's needs, think over and over if you're really ready to have another child since your baby is just almost one year old. For me personally, age gap is also important. For me, it is better if the age gap is not that long so they can still enjoy each other's company while they're growing up.

3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I think the ideal age gap is 2 to 4 years old. But personally, I can't imagine handling a newborn with a terribe three around. To prepare, maybe you could check your finances and reflect on whether you are at the right place (self, family, career, faith) to have another child. :) There will.never be a perfect time, but there will always be an optimal.time. :)

4. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Your last pregnancy can tell you a lot about the next one. Which parts did you hate, love? And were the fears you had about being a parent then, resolved by now? :) Trust in your learning curve.

5. Princess

Princess Active Member

What is your recommended age gap?

I'm still saving up for many stuff, I think it's one of the hard parts in planning for our next child..

6. Princess

Princess Active Member

Haha, yes I could imagine having a very attention-needy toddler tugging at me while I'm trying to put a newborn to sleep.

Thanks, I will do this. I haven't really thought about doing this before but I'll try.

7. I believe there can never be a perfect time in having your next kid. To people like me, they always come in as a surprise. I may not exactly be 100% ready, but it works. I just know that I do not want to have a lot of kids so I could balance things out. My kids have a 3 to 4 year gap and I still feel that they will be able to catch up with each other.

But I definitely agree on planning based on finances, you should be able to manage the household and support your kids' needs. That is a big issue.

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I personally go for 4-5 years gap. My daughter and my baby has 5 years gap. The pros of that includes you can leave the eldest playing you just need to call them to get their attention and they'll respond. When I gave birth to my eldest, I was not worried that she will cry, because she was 5 by then and I can leave her with her older cousin to take care of her. Plus, you can explain to the eldest why the younger baby needs more attention.

The good thing about having a planned pregnancy is you get to save up for the coming child, unlike for unplanned. However for unplanned pregnancy, you would still have 9 months to save up. :)

9. Christie

Christie Active Member

That's a great point you have there. Having to take care of two young children sounds like a crazy situation for me especially if one keeps running all over the place and the other is a needy newborn :p

10. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yes, it would be a total chaos if you have babies in 1 year gap, especially if you don't have any helper to take care of the babies. I wonder how it would go with twins and they cry at the same time. :)

11. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

@MommyofTwo double the chaos, but double the fun and rewards :D I could imagine! Teamwork makes everything better with raising and managing twins ;)

MommyofTwo likes this.
  12. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I agree! A beautiful chaos indeed. In a few years they'll be grown up and they will have their own social like and friends. Awww just imagining that makes my heart sad. :(

13. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I have seen people being able to juggle like 4 to 5 kids, not to mention that girl on TV who has 8 in one go. So I am not sure how much stress it would be, but there are bad days and good days as with anyone else.

14. I have three kids with 3 to 4 years gap and still I have great difficulty in managing my time for them. They have different needs and things to fulfill so that's the reason why it get difficult to handle them.