1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Preterm Labor Pains

Discussion in '2nd Trimester' started by JennyCannes, Nov 3, 2016.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I'm two weeks into my 2nd trimester, and I have been having lower back pain, frequent urination, increase in vaginal discharge, and tightness in my lower belly for two days.

After seeking my OBGYN, she said I am most likely experiencing labor, and preterm at that!She then started giving me magnesium sulfate on my buttocks (ouch!) and complete bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy :(

I'm worried that I might actually go into labor soon :(

2. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Hi Jenny! I think it's best that you don't worry too much as stress and worrying can cause an imbalance in your system and might have bad effects to both of you. I hope you get well soon, premature labor is not something we'd want, but maybe after a few months things can get a lot more stable and your OBGYN may let you move around more.

Take good care of yourself dear!

JennyCannes and Christie like this.
  3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Please don't worry too much Jenny, because anxiety itself can cause pre-term labor. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, I know. But when that happened to me, I was told to take to bed and rest. I was also given vaginal suppositories to stop contractions. I'm sure You're OB is doing all she can to help you. Try to have as much positivity right now as you can muster. Baby needs the good vibes. I wish you well.

Solange Diaz likes this.
  4. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Did she tell you to take some bedrest? There usually is a reason for the contractions causing pre-term labor. I do hope you get to the root of the problem and I wish you a safe delivery of the baby, hopefully on the 9th month .

5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Oh no! That's such a sad news Jenny. Follow what your OBGYN advised you to do and take the necessary medicines. I know a few moms who are in your case, experiencing preterm labor too and they took a leave from their work and really took bed rest until the final stage of pregnancy. Don't stress yourself too much, keep yourself calm and talk to your baby to hang on. I hope things will be good soon. Praying for your safety and your baby.

6. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hi Jenny, how are you doing?
    I hope things are getting better. We wouldn't want premature labors happening. Just keep calm and relaxed, and distract yourself. If you need other moms to talk to, we're just a click away here at this wonderful community! :D

JennyCannes likes this.
  7. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Hello Jenny! That is sad to hear. Whatever is stressing you out right now, better avoid it. Stress isn't good especially during the 2nd trimester. It's very crucial for you to be well-rested. I'm praying for you both. Hang in there.

JennyCannes likes this.
  8. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words :)
    I've been on bedrest for almost a week now, and so far the contractions and pain has decreased greatly. It's been very frustrating and boring though just lying around watching videos and shows or reading, when I love taking strolls in the park. Hubby did tell me that he is going to take me for a nice drive and he'll be carrying me to the car for that. :D

9. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Hi Jenny! Are you still in bed rest? How are you doing now?

10. I hope you feel better soon dear! I have experienced the same thing while pregnant with my youngest. It even came to a point where I had to take these really painful injections that renders my arm asleep for a couple of minutes which is done so the baby's lungs will be fully formed if ever I deliver early.

I was given medicines afterwards, and a couple of days in bed. The thing is, because they gave me medicines supposedly to keep me from giving birth earlier, I gave birth a bit later. Based on the features of my youngest his already 41 weeks old!

11. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I think you are going to need more pampering, I like the idea that your husband will carry you to the car. So sweet! I hope you feel a lot better now!