1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Reduce heartburn during pregnancy

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by HappyMum, Dec 28, 2016.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

If you are suffering from heartburn during your third trimester (or earlier!) here's a great video on how a mom uses massage to help her reduce heartburn :D

2. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I suffered from this one last night.. I was crying about it and I didn't finish eating my food. :( I'll keep this in mind and try to memorize it so I can do it :D

3. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hey it does work :D I just tried it, at first it feels weird but it does relieve most of the pain. Thanks :)

4. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I'm glad to know that it works well :D I haven't tried it when I was pregnant, but I did get a ton of heartburns back then..

5. Forgive me for being so innocent, but how does a heartburn feel? I mean I am not sure if I am having them. Ughh silly me!

6. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Oh it's horrible. Like a light burning sensation that goes upward and it feels like your chest is tightening a bit. They say it's mostly with the way you eat, if you eat too fast.

7. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

You're lucky @rogerscarla171 haha, my dad always gets one and he says it feels like he can't breathe when it happens. He had himself checked up and the doc said he has acid reflux mixed with heartburns..

8. Oh my. Thank you @Leiah and @JennyCannes for the insight! I'll surely be more careful and be on the look out!

9. Imagine yourself throwing up to your stomach and feeling the roughness on your throat and a burning sensation from stomach up to your throat. It is so awful that you want to cry, literally.

10. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Oh, this is something I did not enjoyed in all of my pregnancy, EVER. I always have this with all of my pregnancy and this is not really funny! I always get this when my tummy was bigger and I am hungry and ate a little bit too much and experience this every time I rest. Not the best feeling in the world.

11. LizB

LizB Member

Thank you so much for this. Seriously, this isn't fun. There are days it feels like I swallowed acid. Oh the perks of pregnancy.

12. Are there any medicines that we can take to alleviate the pain and be safe for conceiving mothers as well? or, how about warm compresses? do they work?

13. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

When I had this during my first trimester with my eldest, I didn't know that I was pregnant and I consulted a doctor for a suspected gastritis and the doctor gave me a medicine that is actually not safe for pregnant women. But I still took it but then I didn't finish it because that's when I learned I was pregnant. I forgot the name though.

14. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

Oh I remember it still. Wish I knew this before. :D