1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Research about bodily changes in men after parenthood

Discussion in 'Dad Talk' started by MrHandy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Okay, so I've been doing a lot of reading, and even if the research data I found was 5 years old, it still shows how fathers can be affected by parenthood as much as mothers are.

The research says that as men spend more time with their children, their testosterone levels drop down, which helps fathers become less aggressive and more approachable and loving to their children.

Here's a good article about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/health/research/13testosterone.html?ref=pambelluck

2. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Wow, this is certainly good to know :D Thanks for sharing. It's always interesting to know more fun facts about the guys ;)

3. How insightful! I'll need to further study this topic! I know you probably got your dose of "ball busting" when you became a full time dad, but they should really be more like you - part of the team!

4. Princess

Princess Active Member

Haha, as the men's testosterone levels go down, the wife's testosterone levels go up. ---> This was a joke they always tell me when we got married. Haha.
    I'm the boss of this joint! :p

Christie likes this.
  5. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

Really? Havent heard of that one, but yeah it is kinda true! Lol. My missus means buisness!

6. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hmm. I think this became true when I am pregnant. My first pregnancy must be a nightmare for my husband, because this second pregnancy is currently making me irritable lots of times, haha, and I am greatly improved..

7. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Now that is a different thing :p My wife is like that whenever her hormones are out of whack.