1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Share your various conception methods here

Discussion in 'Wanting to conceive' started by rogerscarla171, Nov 2, 2016.

1. 9 years ago, I was told by a doctor that I will have difficulty in conceiving as I am suffering from hormonal imbalance, along with hyperthyroidism. I was devastated to hear it because having a child is the first thing I have ever wanted since I was young, so I was determined to try all the fertility methods out there just to conceive. I got lucky that my doctor stuck with me for the hormone treatment and now I have 3 boys, 8 being the eldest.

Hormone therapy worked great for me, what about you?

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I had to undergo hormone therapy too. I had hypothyroidism and it took a while for us to conceive. But it worked great! Had some issues with the meds that were initially given, but was transferred to euthyrox which worked better for me. It's amazing what modern medicine can do for us now, eh?

3. I agree, how long did the therapy take for you to be able to conceive? I was on the meds for a couple of years I think around 5 to be exact, and then the little miracle happened. Very unexpected, I didn't even believe the pregnancy test I took which rendered positive, actually I don't remember why I took a pregnancy test in the first place! :D

Were you in meds as well during pregnancy, because I was taking them until I gave birth.

4. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I haven't really thought of any method on this, basically because me and my partner have agreed on taking things slow and we want to focus on our relationship. If I am going to go through the conception process, I will probably reach out to my doctor as well just so to make sure everything is in tip top shape. :D

5. Yup! There's absolutely no better way in dealing with this kind of situation than to check out with the experts. During the hormone balancing process, I was also given a fertility pill I guess the combo worked. I just used it on my first pregnancy, the rest was conceived naturally.

6. Christie

Christie Active Member

I think it just comes naturally, unless of course in some cases where you have special conditions that need a little help to make conception easier. In our case, I'm feeling a bit of dryness during intercourse so we had to use a lubricant, and I chose to use Preseed, which worked pretty well for me and my partner.

7. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

It's a good thing hormone therapy worked! :) I just read here in the forums about assisted conception, and it seems promising. People have been doing them for years too, although at a later age than you are now.

8. I don't have the slightest idea what an assisted conception is, I might actually check on that thread to know more about it. There are a lot of things that keep on popping nowadays when it comes to conception. Is it really becoming difficult, or are we becoming more frail and weak?

9. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I hope not Carla. I guess it's just becoming more difficult because women are pushing back their pregnancy plans in lieu of having their career prosper. I know I do. And with this comes the possibility of having some difficulties of getting pregnant.

10. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

This is very true. A lot of my friends are doing this. Some are in their late thirties and they still say that career should come first. I get their point about not being able to support a family if they don't have a stable career, but sometimes women are pushing themselves too hard... :(

11. I guess it all boils down to what their priorities are. We have to respect their decisions, after all, it's their bodies. It is great that we now have control over our own bodies and choices but I guess it has to work both ways. It should also be considered that taking care of a baby in your 40s could be a difficult thing, plus the generation gap.

12. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Oh! I don't plan on having a kid when I'm 40. Maybe when I reach 30 or 35 depending on the goals I have reached by then. But you guys are correct, these things should really be planned properly.