1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Sharp pains near my left hip bone

Discussion in '1st Trimester' started by Michelle, May 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Michelle

Michelle Guest

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy. Last Saturday I started experiencing sharp pains that feels like someone is stabbing my left hip bone. These pains are different from the normal twinges and tugs I had been feeling in the beginning. The pain lasted off and on for several hours on Saturday, but I was able to sleep. Sunday morning however the pains began again. I went to the ER and they took blood and urine but seemed mostly unconcerned and released me with instructions to follow-up with my OB. My OB got me in on Tuesday, when the pain was significantly less. She didn't really do much of anything other than check my cervix (said it was tightly closed) and press lightly on my stomach. She seemed to think it was my intestine kinking as my uterus expands and suggested I start taking fiber. The pain has mostly subsided since then, but today I started getting the stabbing pains again.
    Has anyone experienced this? Am I being paranoid and I just need to accept what my OB and the ER doctor's suggested? Or do I need to advocate for myself more and demand a new ultrasound to check things out?

2. Joy

Joy New Member

I think pain in hip bone is normal :) I have read in an article that hip pain during pregnancy is a common symptom that a pregnant women may experience since our body releases hormones that allow connective tissue to relax and soften. As a result of this, the joints and ligaments between the bones in your pelvis will begin to loosen.