1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

SNORE-MONSTER

Discussion in 'Dad Talk' started by Picked Peppers, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Yes, I admit I'm a loud snorer. like, REALLY LOUD. Its come to a point where my wife couldn't get some sleep and had to use ear plugs just to suppress my slumber sounds. I need your help people, how do I rid my system of this? :(

2. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

My husband has this problem before, and he used Breathe Right. It's like an adhesive nose support to help you breathe easier during sleep and it worked charms for us!

3. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Some says lying sideways will prevent you from snoring that loud. My husband snores too but not really loud like others so I am not bothered.

4. Summer

Summer Member

If you have bee smoking and drinking, then that could be the reason why you snore loudly. Also, if you are tired, that also is one of the reason for snoring. My dad snores so loud when he's drunk. :)

5. Oh, now I know why my brother is always snoring every time he's drunk. Lol. I don't mind snoring as long as I can sleep quietly and peacefully then I am okay. :)

6. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Our doctor suggested we buy those pillows that are memory foam BUT with neck support. He said that sometimes the position of our necks while sleeping with regular pillows makes the airway narrow and induces snoring. :)

7. Princess

Princess Active Member

I know that. My dad loves that pillow! I guess that's why he stopped snoring. I thought it was because of the more comfort but now I know that it's because of the pillow's design..:)

8. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

One technique that my husband and I have is to let me sleep first. Im a heavy sleeper so I get to tune him out as long as I fall asleep first. Now with the baby, we had no choice but to get used to it. Yep, my baby is snore-resistant.

9. This will be a great gift for dads who snore and wants to stop snoring! You should go shopping @Picked Peppers and look for this and get some for your buddies too. :)

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

My dad said that if ever my husband snores, just give him a push until he falls off the bed. when he sleeps again for the second time, he won't snore anymore. that's what my mom did with him and they said it was effective! lol.
    (although, I personally haven't tried it because my husband doesnt snore.)

11. we do this too! haha. my husband is such a loud snorer. :( so whenever we go to sleep, I see to it that I fall asleep first! I also put on ear plugs to keep myself sane. lol

12. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

My wife doesnt say that I snore... but I know that I do, because I myself sometimes wake up because of my snoring! but luckily, my wife also snores... so I guess we cancel out each other. lol. I guess we're really just meant to be! :D

Amber Lee likes this.
  13. Thanks for the tips guys! where can I buy those "Breathe Right" thingys? also, I dont smoke nor drink that often. I just snore really hard!
    i've actually tried the memory foam pillows, but to no avail. :/

14. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Lucky couple! No one will complain if one snores. Hahaha. Your wife probably doesn't say you snore because you might tell her too she snores a lot. Hahaha. Cute couple. :)

15. I actually caught my wife snoring a bit when she had an afternoon nap! but I think it was probably because she was too tired and exhausted from the rest of the day.

16. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

aw... thanks guys! we both just hope our children won't have the same gene... although I did catch one snoring during nap time. haha

17. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

My boys sometimes snore too! They were too tired playing. Hahaha.

18. you can buy Breathe Right online (gsk has an online store), or your local drugstores and supermarkets. tell us how it works! :)

19. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

that's too cute! haha. I can imagine a couple snoring together - so precious! you got a keeper there, @Rrrobert!

20. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Hahaha, you were really meant for each other! You guys are a cute couple. Way to go snorers! :)