1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Sophie la Girafe Toy

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Honeylette, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I love this toy! My godchild is showing signs of teething and I simply love this toy I bought for him.
    It's soft, colorful and acts as a visual stimulant too.
    My friend told me her son won't let go of his giraffe :D

[​IMG]

2. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

But is this toy toxic free? I've read somewhere that some baby toys actually had alarming amounts of lead! :(

3. Princess

Princess Active Member

This one's baby-safe :) We bought one for our niece after we read that after being regulated and inspected by a european board, their toys are safe :D

4. Christie

Christie Active Member

I always thought teethers were simple and small things. Things really change huh? :p Are there other animal designs to choose from?

5. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

that's a relief! I've heard from the news that some toys produced from China weren't tested for toxicity levels but still passed to be sold in our local markets! we gotta be more vigilant and read the labels! :(

6. Summer

Summer Member

I've seen a lot of this in the market! I just find it a bit pricey :D But it looks so soft and very pleasing to the eyes of the babies. :)

7. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

This is the first toy I asked for a gift for my son. I got it even before he was teething because it's also very visually stimulating. He got it at 4 months old, and now he is almost 11 months and still adores this toy. :D I recommend it. But better to get it as a gift than to splurge it on yourself, hehe

8. my son used a regular, old and boring teether. I wish I knew that they'd come in these kinds of cute shapes as well! lol

9. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I agree this is kind of pricey, but I decided to take a chance because it had such great reviews. I just made sure I bought mine from a reliable store because I have seen reviews stating that some products online are fake and fades easily. With lead poisoning as an actual threat, i decided to buy at a store which may be a bit pricier but can verify the product source. :D It's a great toy though. Sophie's ears and legs have taken quite a beating from my son, but still damage free. Just don't submerge it in water because it is heck to remove it from inside.

10. LizB

LizB Member

I will so get it then when bubba is born! :D I just want to make sure I get him quality toys because I do not plan to buy a lot. :D

11. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Thanks for the review and tip, @Solange Diaz :) I'm pretty sure the little ones I know will love this toy! :)

12. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

My friend's kid has this in his mouth ALL the time. Literally. When you try to take it away he throws the biggest of baby tantrums haha! Must be that good!