1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Stay at home mom ideas?

Discussion in 'General Postnatal Chat' started by Leiah, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I am just wondering, have you ever considered to be a stay at home mom after you give birth? If that is the case, what did you do to earn extra money? Or if not, what do you think are good ideas for side lines or how to earn money on the side while taking care of a newborn?

2. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Baking some goodies could be an income-generating hobby. Online teaching is also worth a try.

3. Summer

Summer Member

I am a stay at home mom right now and my daughter is 3 months. I don't have work right now and still contemplating whether to go back to work or just stay home so I am following this thread for some tips. :)

4. I am a stay at home mom and I work as a transcriptionist. I work with different company depending on demand. I think we have a separate topic about this too, you may check that out. :)

You can try online jobs, there are a lot of jobs online you just need to know what fits your experience and your skills. :)

5. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I am actually contemplating not to go back to work for a while and my husband supported the idea. I just feel lucky we have a choice. I plan to do online work when things settle down with the baby. Perhaps at the 3 month mark.

6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I sold my artworks for a while, and then when Dilly was about 8 months old, I started doing consultancy work here and there. I will be gone for a couple of hours a few days for a month but the payback is huge.

7. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I work from home to earn extra income. I also am a reseller of cloth diapers so I earn every time someone orders cloth diapers from me, which most likely 2-3 times per week average.

If you have a green thumb, why not take care of plants and grown them and sell them. I know you can sell lovely plants too.

8. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I do commission based income by referring someone to buy a house. My friend is a broker so whenever someone is asking me for an affordable house, I direct them to my friend and she gives me commission after every successful transaction. :)

9. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

What do you mean by consultancy? Like in a firm?

10. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

That's a great idea :D Maybe I should befriend the brokers. Commissions are huge when it comes to selling properties :D

11. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Some friends of mine teach English to Korean students online. I think they are constantly accept online tutors :)

12. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yes, there are a lot of these companies now. I am not sure though of the rate if you don't have experience and if you do have. But you can definitely do this during your free time. My friend worked in a company like this and she works at night so what she need to do is open slots in the evening so students can book for her.

13. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I have a friend who got the great idea to source out secondhand baby items from her friends and networks. She sells it online for half the original price (or depending on condition of product) when it was bought new and she gets quite a profit. There's an agreement for how much percentage she gets for every sale.

14. Summer

Summer Member

I was actually thinking of creating an online store over at Instagram to sell preloved items of my daughter, those clothes that doesn't fit her anymore. I've seen a lot of moms over at Instagram who does this and it's a great way to earn an income and at the same time it's like getting half the price of what you paid for for that item. :)

15. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

This is a fantastic idea :) Lemme see how I can make this work :)

16. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Yeah, good amount of money actually but they don't come everyday so you really have to spend the money wisely as they come unexpectedly. :)

17. I also occasionally sell my daughter's preloved dresses and shirts, those that were worn a couple of times only. The profit from it I buy my daughter new clothes and dresses, sometimes I just add a few bucks if the price is a bit high.

18. Buy-and-sell and selling pre-loved items is a great idea and I am such a fan of selling stuff that are not brand new but still sellable.

19. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I did this last year but not online. We had a garage sale and we sold all our preloved clothes and other things we don't use. Some are even new. We just needed some space and I told my husband I want a spacious house. Haha.

20. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Very sensible way to get rid of the old and get some new stuff :)