1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Stress affects pregnancy

Discussion in 'High Risk Pregnancy' started by JennyCannes, Jan 6, 2017.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Stress is normal. We all experience stress, and we learn to cope with it. But when we're pregnant, our body has so much to do that any additional or constant stress can be bad.

According to Stephanie Watson of WebMD:

Some stress during pregnancy is normal, just as it is during other times of life. But if stress becomes constant, the effects on you and your baby could be lasting.​

It wreaks havoc on our hormones and puts the fetus in distress. So better calm our nerves and stay happy instead huh? :)

2. Definitely. :) That is why pregnant women must be treated with so much care because they deal with so much stress just thinking they have to be careful in doing everything, from work to eating and sleeping.

3. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Oh, for the dads out there, trust me, stress+pregnant wife = chaos! Haha. Kidding aside, yes, our OB said that it can slow down the baby's development too. So stay stress-free everyone :)

4. It's really chaos @MrHandy hahaha. You will actually adapt the stress if you don't calm your pregnant wife so husband needs to do at least everything we say so there's peace and quiet inside the house. Lol.

5. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

lol, you know what they say! A happy wife equals a happy life! :p:p:p

6. Summer

Summer Member

It really affects pregnancy, as far as I remember @Amber Lee had this experience with her first child. So it is really important for pregnant women especially on their 1st trimester to take extra care and really relax so the baby will hold on and continue to grow inside.

7. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Well, for the dads out there, as @MrHandy said, keep your wife happy and stress free! :D :D :D

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

actually, its not really just about the mommy, we can all try to relax as we want while pregnant, but external factors (environment, pollution, etc) will affect the pregnancy as well. my advice is just to stay mentally, emotionally, and physically prepared. :)

9. Summer

Summer Member

You nailed it. Haha. Thanks for expanding the explanation :)

With the environment that we have, pollution and all, pregnancy has become very stressful for some. So yes, pregnant women must be very prepared. :)

10. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I was worried with work at the time of my pregnancy and that triggered my miscarriage. We should all take care of ourselves especially if you are planning to conceive. It will be just 9 months and the reward will be very great. :)

11. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Also, I've read somewhere that it's actually a good idea to have a pregnancy in the countryside rather than in the metro/urban areas. it provides a healthier environment in totality! :)

12. I find it to have scented candles and a back rub when I was pregnant, ultimately relaxed me! my husband was the best! :D

13. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

haha I live by this thinking. I don't know, I just really love my wife, to the point where I'd do anything for her. and I also know that my wife would do the same. :D

14. Summer

Summer Member

Yes, life in the countryside is better because of the slow lifestyle and stress free life.

15. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

I agree. You are 4 times stressed when you are pregnant. People should deal with pregnant women with tender loving care. :)