1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Stretch marks

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

A good 15 minutes in front of the mirror and I saw 4 very angry long red stretchmarks at the bellybutton area.
    I didn't notice them before but they really are red and weird. :(
    Any advice how I can lessen their appearance?
  2. Princess

Princess Active Member

Stretch marks are pretty normal especially in the third trimester, and since you only got 4, you can expect to see more of them as you get near your expected date.
    They would fade pretty quickly too, although not completely. I loved applying calendula oil on my stretch marks. I think they help reduce the redness.
  3. Christie

Christie Active Member

I have this vitamin E serum, and it works wonders on my stretch makes. They were like yours, red and angry streaks, but a few weeks of applying the serum my scars began to fade.
  4. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

4 stretch marks are quite a few to be honest, but some moms don't get any at all. Lucky them! :D
    Try using those collagen-infused lotions and creams on your tummy to lessen their appearance.
  5. I have them too and I really don't know how to get rid of them, including the love handle and the excess belly fats. I'm too lazy to workout, because my time is already full with chores and stuff. I don't bother to count them.
  6. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I love my stretch marks, my husband don't care about them too. I wear it as a badge for the two beautiful people I carried and those were remembrance of unconditional love. Though I would love to remove them, it is not a priority for me. :)
  7. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I was told to rub olive oil on my tummy. Can get a bit expensive though so I alternated with coconut oil. i guess it's a bit fainter, but still noticeably there. oh well. :)
  8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

How about sunflower oil? You think it will work as well? I remember I have a sunflower oil here somewhere (my kids must have played with them, as usual) and I'd like to see if it will work. :)
  9. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

My friend gave me some Mustela products. It works wonders! Maybe you could check if your drugstore carries them :)
  10. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

It's admirable how women can empower themselves because of what they achieved. Stretch marks or none, it's all about that person inside you. Stay beautiful within, moms! :)
  11. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I have to agree with this! But if it does still bother you, you can apply those vitamin E-infused moisturizers and creams. Contractubex works well too.
  12. Princess

Princess Active Member

I tried Mustela to remove my scar, but it didn't really remove the scar. It just lightened and lessened the appearance of keloid. I think it depends on what type of scar you have.
  13. I saw the advertisement for Contractubex, is it really effective? I have gotten some red marks on my belly now, I just looked at my belly. Hanging tops are a big no no for this. :(
  14. Christie

Christie Active Member

It does with continued use. My friend has her kelloid scar flatten out and lighten but it took her 4 months of continued use to get there. And it's expensive.
  15. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Thanks so much for your suggestions everyone. I'll try them out one by one :D
  16. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I wish stretch marks are gone the minute we're all out of the hospital so we don't have to mind them getting red. Haha.

I heard about Contractubex too, many attest it works wonder. But I think it's expensive?
  17. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

It is very expensive here at our pharmacy :( But I'll give it a try. By now I have at least 8 streaks, and I bet there would be more in a few weeks :(
  18. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I haven't counted the streaks on my belly. I wonder how many I have now. I hope it's not that many, so I will not get paranoid about them. I think my husband didn't count them too.
  19. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Has anyone tried body butter? I read that it's great for avoiding stretch marks, I wonder how true.
  20. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Gels made with a mix of onion extract and hyaluronic acid help a lot. I have read that the best time to treat the marks is while they're still in that reddish stage. Another is retinoid, which a dermatologist can prescribe. Although retinoid is a no-no when actually pregnant or nursing.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016