1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Stretch marks

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 11, 2016.

1. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I have an officemate who has 3 kids and she doesn't have any trace of stretchmarks when she goes swimming in a two piece. I am in awe every time I see her, because I don't have a kid and I already have worse stretchmarks than her!

2. After 3 kids, I knew better! I stay away from mirrors and the scales! Haha! Just kidding! My stretchmarks were quite in your face as well during the first couple of months after I gave birth but the reddish line finally subsided. It doesn't mean I no longer have the mark but it's much more bearable and they are battle scars, I don't wish to hide them for anyone especially my kids. I sacrificed a lot for them.

3. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I wouldn't mind the stretchmarks, because of giving birth to tiny humans! However, I would like for them to at least subside same as yours @rogerscarla171 I am not sure how that's going to happen, but my mom is always saying it would all depend on my skin elasticity.

4. I think it's the same thing with having tattoos, there is such a thing as keloidal, meaning you scar easily and it develops into a bubble instead of just flat scar. With pregnancy, if you are prone to cellulite, you pretty much have an idea of how your stretchmarks are going to be like.

5. Christie

Christie Active Member

Haha, I am hoping I won't get too much stretchmarks. I love going to the beach and I already talked with my OB in making a plan to get back to my pre-pregnancy body and weight after I give birth :p

6. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

I don't have stretch marks at all. Some say that we should not scratch our belly whenever we are pregnant for stretch marks may develop. I remember my mom and co-workers telling me not to do it or those stretch marks would appear on the 3rd trimester. But I can't control the itchiness, what I did was scratch my tummy with my shirt on. :D I'm not sure if it is true though.

7. Joy

Joy Guest

Sugar is also good for stretch mark to gets fade out. It is used as a natural exfoliant for skin. Add some drops of almond oil and lemon juice in it. Stir it well and apply directly on the stretch marks. Rub it for 8-10 minutes and then, take a shower.

RoNa likes this.
  8. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Wow. Thank you for this information.

9. Joy

Joy Guest

Your welcome. As a matter of fact, I am convincing my sister to use this home remedy. :)

10. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Hope she tries it. But will the remedy be fine for women who gave birth 5 years ago?

11. Joy

Joy Guest

I don't think so. I guess this is only more effective for young stretch marks.

12. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Noted. Thank you very much.