1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Swollen feet!

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Foot massage are great! I like to have it from time to time when I was pregnant (until now actually!) And it gives a great relief when the swollen part is pressed a little harder.

2. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I agree with how soothing it is, I have actually had my feet swollen due to a new pair of shoes and signing up for a foot spa and massage combo really works wonders.

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Isn't it not advisable for foot massage for pregnant women because of pressure on the foot massage? I just read it somewhere before. It is really nice to have massage when you're feet are swollen, but I just remembered the article I read.

4. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

You could try foot reflexology massages. They really take away swelling, though it is kinda uncomfortable especially around the toes. But you would really feel relaxed after.

5. I didn't know about foot massages not being advisable to people who are pregnant. I don't sign up for the usual massages though and honestly most of our husbands would just do a decent foot rub and not a hard core reflexology massage so I don't think it would do much harm.

6. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

My husband gives me a foot rub, not exactly a massage but it is still a bit relaxing and I enjoy it a lot. I guess I got used to it as time goes by because I don't really get to have a painful feet because I am just sitting most of the day. So long as I do ample exercise and stretchings, every thing is in proper order.

7. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

As I can remember, it puts pressure on your cervix or something like that when the pressure pressed on your feet. Something to that effect. I can't find the article anymore but I was advised not to have foot massages when I was pregnant with my eldest.

8. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I am glad it was just the usual pregnancy bloating. I have a friend who had swelling during her 2nd trimester and it turned out she was having cholestasis (a liver ailment). But her swelling was accompanied by a lot of itching as well. She had to be monitored for the rest of her pregnancy, often hooked up on a machine to help her liver process better.

9. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I actually did not like foot massages back when I was pregnant. It hurt quite a lot. Foot rubs were more soothing. I made sure I propped my legs up once in a while when in bed to encourage blood flow.

10. Summer

Summer Member

That happened to me too when I was pregnant with Autumn. I had to have my feet massaged almost everyday and walk in the morning to lessen the swelling. I am sure the culprit was the chocolate with nuts because that's what I was eating the whole time before the swelling.

11. Chocolates! During my first trimester I was advised to eat chocolates so that my nausea and vomiting would subside, it helped. Unfortunately, come last trimester I was diagnosed with UTI and Gestational Diabetes, made my pregnancy a little more difficult, however, I did not get any feet swelling. Probably because I wasn't eating the one with nuts on it?