1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Target Baby Onesies

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by iamevallain, Jan 9, 2017.

1. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

My cousin got onesies during her baby shower. They were bought from Target and was tagged as hypoallergenic. But the day after her baby wore the onesie, as she was removing it, she saw large red marks/rashes on her baby's back!!! :(

has anyone experienced the same thing? :(

2. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

It could be the detergent used on the clothes. That is what I am guessing since if it says hypoallergenic then it should be, unless the detergent used is not okay for the baby. Maybe you can try switching to milder detergent if they haven't.

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Maybe he's allergic to the type of fabric? Do you know what fabric is the onesie?

4. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

Unless it's very rough fabric (which I doubt), it could be the detergent. I have bought way cheaper onesies from discount stores and have had no problems with it given the fact that my child has ultra sensitive skin. I just make sure to use the safest baby laundry soap I could find. Maybe you could try recommending Seventh Generation's Free and Clear?

5. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

You can try to wash the fabric using @Peachkins advice. If it happens again, then it really could be the fabric, though if the baby has other clothes made from that fabric, it could really be something else.

6. I used fabric that's 100% organic cotton for my babies when they were little, they were tested to be baby safe. although on the pricier side, it's a good investment rather than having allergies on my baby! :(

7. oh my. maybe it is the detergent. or maybe its the design of the onesie, sometimes the fabric may be okay for the baby, but the design/print on it causes the problem.

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

UPDATE: My cousin confessed that she accidentally let her baby wear the onesie without even washing it! OMG, I was so shocked! :O

9. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT???? OMG THAT'S SO WRONG! as a mom, this makes me so angry!

10. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

Maybe they were knock-offs? like, cheaply made onesies from china? I mean, did you even get a receipt? and now regarding not washing, that's just plain dumb, or beginner's mistake. hope your cousin learns!