1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Tattoos and piercings

Discussion in 'Teens' started by MrHandy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

My teenage daughter, no matter how hard we tell her that we are not allowing tattoos and piercings, just keeps bugging us about it and we always end up fighting. She screams and tells us that we don't love her, but that is not the case. She has a good and strict school, and we don't know how to handle it anymore.

2. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Oh, teens are always like this. It is the age where they are fond of "exploration". Tattoos, nails, makeup, alcohol, drugs, and piercings as well as revealing clothing are the usual problems for teens. This is why we have to guide them at this age.

3. Princess

Princess Active Member

I remember my first "tattoo" as a teenager. It was an Asian Henna tattoo, one that comes off after a few weeks. My parents were furious.
    Looking back, I think I don't want my child to have one, temporary or not.

4. Well, we all were like that at some point in our lives... the rebel phase. But, I read somewhere that you gotta be careful about those episodes, because it just might be your child telling you something else. Maybe its not just a phase

5. Christie

Christie Active Member

Could be signs of rebellion or lack of attention. It's good to talk it down. as for me, I didn't get tattoos or piercings before. So NO is the answer for me.

6. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I agree with @Picked Peppers that we should watch out. There's a normal level of this phase, but if you at some point feel that it is going overboard, then you really have to step in.

7. Summer

Summer Member

How old is your daughter? Did she say why she wants a tattoo? I wouldn't allow my kid whether they are old and separated from me to get tattoo. I just don't like the idea and I think it's dirty. They say you can't donate blood if you have tattoos.

8. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

She's 13 years old. Heck, even if my daughter turns 18 or more, I don't think I will ever allow for tattoos! She says it's the "in" thing right now and we all went through that. No way I'm allowing it though..

9. Summer

Summer Member

Tell her that not all are into tattoos. I hope she gives up with the idea because she will just regret it when the time comes she realized she didn't need it and it's too late.

10. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Same here. I don't think I am in favor of tattoos. Maybe you can give her some examples of people who have tattoos and the impact of having one in their lives. I hope it helps.