1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Teenage Suicide

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Amber Lee, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

There's been a video going around the social media about a girl named Kate who just committed suicide and filming it live via an app on Facebook. This is very alarming and I am deeply sad that the girl had to end her life because of depression and family issues. I haven't read her blog posts and Instagram but based on what I read, the stepdad tried to rape her and the family had been struggling. :( Have you seen this video? It's been on my feed and one of the hot topic in other groups.

It is very important that we take close attention to teens especially if signs are there like being alone most of the time, no friends, small cuts in the arm or legs and other signs of depression and suicide.

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yeah! I saw that too. I didn't continue until the end of the video, I don't want to burst in tears and witness her hanging herself! The poor kid! There's been a lot going on in her head that's why she committed suicide. She said sorry to people and looks like the devil really had her that day. Poor girl. :(

3. I searched for it but I don't have the courage to watch it. I just read it and it is heartbreaking. :( I feel sorry for the girl and the mom too. I hope this doesn't happen to someone I know, I will totally be devastated. Let's all be vigilant with our little ones and teens always.

4. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I don't like those videos. It breaks my heart whenever things like that happen to young girls. Though I feel sorry for her, I just hope she didn't have to post it via live feed. It can set a bad example to those who are having difficulties, instead of being encouraged to seek help. :(

5. Yeah. Many were petitioning to put the video down but it seems like some were able to save it already. I've seen some blogs who posted it for others to see. :(

6. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I dont know but I'm a bit skeptical. I need to research about this first - a lot of kids these days would do just about anything to get "internet famous", pranking the police, faking a death, etc. but if this was true, why? I cant fathom why would you be pinned to the edge like that - and she's so young! :( :( :(

7. I saw the video. I blame the new "technological age" of society that we are in today - everything is just seemingly so easy to grasp, even the bad things (drugs, killings, shootings, etc.)! overexposure to these things turns them into "normal" sights, which can lead to misleading thoughts. :(

8. Summer

Summer Member

I read the article but didn't have the guts to watch it. I am just 18 but it never crossed my mind to commit suicide. I was raised by my parents in the best way they know how and I bet her parents too, but it seems there is something wrong with the family set up, maybe broken family and stepdad issues are most likely the main reason. I was looking for her Instagram account but they said the account has been deleted already.

9. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

It's just sad that this happen, but it's even sadder that people keep spreading it. I mean, sharing that video will give ideas to others who are having a lot of problems too. It's not like you can stop abusive parents/stepparents/relatives from abusing their children by spreading it.. :(

10. Princess

Princess Active Member

I never thought of killing myself too. I guess I was raised to have a strong personality, and I know I have to face my problems head on. Suicide will never be the answer.

11. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I'm glad they took it down. These are the things best left unseen.

12. Summer

Summer Member

Yeah but I am guessing there are still blogs that holds this video, unfortunately to catch attention and bring traffic to their website. :(

13. Christie

Christie Active Member

Then I hope their posts get buried quickly. I hate that kids are really easily influenced and that they can just take their own lives without thinking about it or asking for help.

14. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Yes. I saw the video too. I hope people would stop sharing it. I wonder if there's still a copy of it in Facebook. Its not good for the kids to see. Parents should guide their children while exploring social media.