1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

The Christmas Bunny - An adoption eye opener

Discussion in 'General Adoption Chat' started by HappyMum, Nov 24, 2016.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

We just watched an old movie - The Christmas Bunny last night. I didn't really know what it was about before I watched the movie, since my husband was bored and mindlessly playing movie after movie on Netflix.

We got hooked. It was such an emotional, crazy, and good movie that shows so many struggles in life from being taken away from your abusive mom, how that affects the child, how starting a family in the middle of unemployment can be hard, and the violence that children nowadays are exposed to without us knowing about it.

You should watch it if you have time. It's great. :)

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I will take a look at that movie and will try to download it (if available). I am looking for other movies to watch every weekend and reminisce old good days. It feels great when you watch an old movie and see the set up before. It makes me go back to the days when things were simple. :)

3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I am so glad it is on Netflix :)

4. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Thank you for this recommendation! Will.watch with my sister over the Christmas break. She loves movies like this.

5. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Oh I have seen this movie. At first, I thought it was weird, but as I watched it, I can feel myself relating to their struggles. I liked that movie a lot, and even my cousin liked it too.

6. Princess

Princess Active Member

I just watched it. It's not your typical fairy tale ending movie, but it's a great ending and very close to how things work in reality I guess. It's very touching. I'm not going to spoil the movie for you though. It's a must watch :)

7. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

After reading your post, I searched for it online. It has a fair imdb rating (I usually do this haha) and I'm going to watch it with my husband tonight. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for recommending!

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I am so intrigued! I have so much in line to watch including the short films listed on the other thread. Haha. Please no spoiler! Hahaha.

9. Christie

Christie Active Member

I got curious and went ahead to watch this movie. It's actually pretty neat, a bit deep at some points and somewhat troubling when you think about how it can get as real as what happens in real life. I wouldn't spoil it here but it is pretty good to watch. :)

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

There are actually a lot of good old movies. I remember watching Christian Bale's "Empire of the Sun" and it was also the same. However, the setting is in Japan and it was really a tearjerker.

11. LizB

LizB Member

I will look for this one. Thank you so much for the recommendation. Always appreciate tips on good films to watch :)

12. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I am glad this thread was pushed up! Thank you for the recommendation, it sounds.like a tearjerker and I really really like tearjerkers. :)