1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

These are strange times

Discussion in 'General Postnatal Chat' started by HappyMum, Dec 21, 2016.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Okay, so I went to the mall with my husband today, and I asked why he was frowning. He told me to look at the mini park within the mall, and there were a couple with a stroller, a very tiny stroller that could fit only a newborn, maybe only up to two months.

We thought it's for dolls but inside was a tiny toy poodle with a pacifier in his mouth and a bonnet.

Okay, so that's not too weird but a few meters beside them, this mom is talking on the phone with her baby girl on a baby body leash/collar (whatever you call it) which really looks like my dog's body leash I swear. Her baby is running freely and the mom seems confident since she has the other end of the leash.

Such weird times this is.

2. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

Hahaha that made me laugh really hard. :) It is truly weird. I see strollers with dogs in it too, amd find it quite excessive. Dogs actually need the exercise. But to each their own. :)

3. I've seen strollers with puppies too! For me it's okay but I just think it's overdoing it. While the baby with the leash, I don't think it's appropriate. You should have approached them and tell them to switch the leash ad the stroller. :p

4. Summer

Summer Member

I feel sad about your story. :( I hate seeing kids or toddlers with leash like they're dogs. Who invented that? Leash are for animals only, why use it on a child? I don't understand.

5. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

dressing up dogs is way too much for me. Leash on kids are okay as last r esort or really going to a place where you couldn't give full attention to your child...better safe than sorry. But, if you put the dog on stroller and child on leash side-by-side, sure is wierd.

6. We have twisted minds. We exaggerate things and we think okay is actually okay. I just don't get the point of getting a stroller for a dog and a leash for a baby. Very wrong. What is happening with the world?

7. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I saw a baby with a leash the other day. Looks like the boy was around 2 years old. His mom is busy chatting with another woman and the baby fell down and hit his arm on a cement marker. The leash isn't really a good idea for me if I am distracted :(

8. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Oh no :( I thought the leash was for safety so that the kid won't run away too far or get taken by someone but you still have to look after them :(

9. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

It's both funny and disturbing! Haha. I guess side by side it really would be weird. I'm not a fan of the baby leash but maybe some people really need it. The dogs... well, I thought they need lots of walking..

10. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

It depends on the mom using the baby leash. I saw some moms who use it with hyperactive babies who don't like to be held, but the moms still keep an eye on their babies :)

11. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Who invented that and what ia that for? I don't like the idea of getting a baby hooked into a leash. I haven't seen one and I don't intend to see one as well. I might lose my control and confront the mom especially if the mom is seen talking to someone over the phone or chatting with someone.

12. I don't know much about dogs but, I don't think their nature requires for a pacifier??? Strange indeed.

13. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Oh my gosh, for sure. What kind of pacifier is that? Just like for human babies? It's weird imagining the look of the dog with a pacifier.

14. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

It is better safe than sorry if the child is almost out of control.

15. Christie

Christie Active Member

Haha, I saw one at the park yesterday! I have to admit, even if it's weird, the dog was cute with the mustache pacifier he has :p

16. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Dogs nowadays are treated like our very own babies. It's funny and cute and weird all at the same time lol :p