1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Throwing up

Discussion in 'Baby and Toddler' started by Leiah, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Since yesterday, my baby kept throwing up my breastmilk. Well, more of it goes up in his mouth then he swallows it and cries. Just small amounts at a time. We're due to visit the pediatrician this afternoon, but I was wondering about it. Seems like he's in pain whenever he swallows. :(

2. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Looks like it's similar to acid reflux, but it can be as simple as not being able to burp up all the gas after feeding so when the baby burps in a position other than upright position, milk mixed with stomach acids goes up with the air, and it can be very irritating.
    Best to still consult a pediatrician for that, we can risk anything bad for the babies ;)

3. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Hopefully it's nothing to be worried about.. :( :( :(

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  4. I hope your baby is okay! How old is your baby again? I remember my son throwing up at some point too, he was smaller at the time, around 2-4 months old. It gets away in time, you just need to make sure you put pillow when he's sleeping. Yeah, could be acid reflux. Oh that hurts! Kisses to your baby!

5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Oh poor baby! I hope baby's okay. I think acid reflux is normal for younger babies but it is still best to consult your pediatrician to be on the safe side. Update us when you get home from check up.

6. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Awww... Even I hate it when it happens to me sometimes. :(
    I hope he's going to be better soon and I hope it's nothing serious. Just don't forget to have him fully burp after each feeding and use baby pillows when he sleeps.

7. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

How's the visit to the pediatrician? I hope she stopped throwing up already. Babies don't get to tell what they feel, they just cry :( Update us when you can please.

8. Princess

Princess Active Member

Hi, how's your little one? Any update?

9. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I hope it's just a burping issue.. Acod reflux is common in babies. but my Dilly actually was diagnosed with GERD. it took a long time for him to get over it. :( hope your little one does not have GERD.

10. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Is there a test to know if it is GERD in babies?

Hey leiah, let us know how it went. Hope baby is fine.

11. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your support. :) I've been busy with so many things I didn't have the time to reply sooner.
    The pedia doctor said it's a minor case of acid reflux, but she wants to test too if my baby is lactose intolerant. We'll observe for now if it happens even on upright position, so I'm hoping that it would go away soon.

12. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Aww. I hope not. But we are giving it some time to observe even more if it persists.

13. Christie

Christie Active Member

I'm glad it's just ARD and nothing too serious. I hope too that it would not become GERD as that one's very painful especially for the babies!

14. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Awww, good thing it's nothing serious, and hoping for better results and condition in the coming days. Kisses to your baby!