1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Too much chocolate cravings :(

Discussion in '2nd Trimester' started by Christie, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hey moms, I don't know how to curb my cravings. Every hour I'm craving strongly for chocolate. I don't want to gain to much weight from something that isn't even nutritious and has too much sugar. Any suggestions or advice? :(

2. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I used to have that before. Find something healthier that you like. Before, eating bananas or almonds worked for me when I craved for chocolate. :)

3. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I replaced my chocolate cravings with grapes. The green ones haha. Just experiment on what food will work best for you and stick to it.

4. Princess

Princess Active Member

By too much, how many is it really? I mean, maybe you can start by eating only three small bites of chocolae per day, then decrease to two after a few days, and then to one. Just like weaning :p

5. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I love love love chocolate too @Christie! :)
    Maybe you should start by controlling yourself. They say it's all in the mind, but when all else fails, a good idea would be to eat chocolate-covered fruits instead of pure chocolate :D

6. Christie

Christie Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! :D
    I found a temporary replacement for chocolate - frozen seedless grapes! They are so goooood :D

7. Sounds guiltless to indulge to! Frozen fruits are awesome.

8. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Yeah, we used to freeze yogurt with fresh fruits in it to make some real good popsicles.
    They give me my sweet fix and they are guiltless too :D

9. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

you should try freezing up some bananas, then churning them up. add some chocolate syrup and, voila! Instant Chocolate Ice Cream!

10. OMG I love bananas!! You can also try fresh banana with a spoonful of peanut butter if you're staying away from chocolate - so good! ;)

11. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

My nanny used to cut banana chunks and coating them with peanut butter, then freezing them on a tray. Instant banana bites :D

12. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Or we can try smoothies! Banana + fruits of your choice + milk/yogurt = happiness! :D :D :D

13. I almost forgot, there are other alternatives than banana. lol. Cacao or Cocoa Nibs have a deep chocolatey taste, minus the sugar, carbs and calories! :)