1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Too tired all the time

Discussion in '2nd Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I don't know about anyone, but I have been feeling so, sooooo tired everyday and yet I can't fall asleep at night well. It takes me too long to be able to sleep but the slightest noise or scratch can wake me up. I hope this passes soon! :(

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

@Honeylette are you pregnant?

If yes, then that could be normal.
    If no, then are you taking too much caffeine, or stress over something that you're having difficulty in sleeping?

I hope you feel better and be able to sleep sound. I have gone through that stage, not pregnant but I was so stressed out about something that I can even sense someone is passing by my room. :(

3. I think she is pregnant, I've seen her previous posts here. I think it's normal that you get tired easily, because you have a human inside you and it slowers down your body and so if you are active, that will tire you easily. How many months are you now @Honeylette?

4. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

@pocketfullofsunshine yeah, I also that. Sorry, hahaha. I just answered in one of her posts too. I think that's normal. I've had those series of being tired even without doing anything. I think it's the baby who's getting us tired all the time.

5. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

It's perfectly normal. In all honesty, pregnancy is exhausting. It takes a lot of energy and major changes happen in your body which we can't understand. Just hang in there. Enjoy the 9 months and chill :)

6. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Imagine all those nutrients being harnessed by your baby inside and how little that leaves you. So I believe it is completely normal. When you still feel tured months after delivery, that's when you should be concerned.

7. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I have to agree with the others here. Also, if you are already showing a full belly, it is so much harder to sleep, and the lack of sleep asks for its due from the body later on.

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Go slow with chires and activities and rest your back from time to time by sitting and leaning to a couch or chair. Stretch your legs so it won't swell.

9. Princess

Princess Active Member

Have you tried meditation? I think it's very good for calming your senses, relieving stress and it is supposed to help you sleep better at night. Maybe too much stress is taking a toll on your body..

10. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Couldn't agree more with this :) Having a growing baby inside you can sure drain your energy. So keep yourself stress-free, and take naps. They should help :)

11. Christie

Christie Active Member

You'll get used to the feeling eventually. The extra weight burns up your energy too, combined with you and your baby's basic energy needs. That's why pregnant women have to sleep and eat a lot :)

12. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

It's perfectly normal to feel so tired with being pregnant. Just be sure to keep moving but have adequate rest periods in between. Inactivity would make you even more tired.

13. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Do your usual chores, but for a shorter period. Take rests and snacks in between. Always include vegetables and fruits in your diet. And don't force yourself to do something when you're too tired to do so.

14. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Thanks for your suggestions and support everyone, they've been helpful :D
    I'll try to move a bit and take more rest periods after :)

15. Summer

Summer Member

When I was pregnant, I didn't feel too hot or sweaty. Is that weird? I don't recall getting sweaty at night. Cpuld it be because I am thin and petite?

16. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I'm far from being small but I didn't sweat either. I was actually always too cold. I think it has to do with metabolism. :)

17. Summer

Summer Member

Me too. I always feel cold especially when our AC is on. My husband was not even using a blanket but I was all over the blanket when we sleep at night. What about metabolism?

18. LizB

LizB Member

I feel this way too, and to think that I am on bedrest! The thing is, I have so much pent up energy but if I try to do things, I get tired too easily. I think it's being in bed for so long. My muscles arent as strong as before. :(

19. Summer

Summer Member

Awww I hope you feel better soon and be able.to do regular things until you give birth. You are one month away for your bedrest right? Feel better @LizB

20. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Same here. I felt the opposite though. Always too cold, especially at night. Couldn't sleep without comforters or blankets. I used to be thin and petite, but after two kids, bye bye smaller sizes haha