1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Twins!

Discussion in 'High Risk Pregnancy' started by Julie Case, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Julie Case

Julie Case New Member

I just found out that I am having twins! I am in shock! Any one else having twins? Any advice you can give me about twin pregnancy and birth? I'm going to need all the help I can get!

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Twins! Sorry, i did not have twins but I can imagine your surprise! :) my best friend had twins though and it was really double of everything-- double expenses, double trouble and double happiness! she found herself a support group later on when she had a bit of trouble tandem feeding. I say, build a group of people you can call your support group now because it seems you will need help. ;) it's going to be really fun though.

HappyMum likes this.
  3. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I couldn't agree more! Double everything! ;)

I would suggest double the care you give yourself, and make sure you eat more frequently as you are feeding three! :) Just don't go overboard as to be overweight (OBGYNs calculate the calories you need).

Christie likes this.
  4. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Congratulations on the happy double bundle of joys! One thing I observed about people who have twins is how calm they are when they are out and about. Seriously, I think it's a misconception that they always look so harried. My theory is, they get to master how to get things together twice as fast because it is twice as crucial. :D I agree with above posters though. get a village together -- your own circle of trust --- to get you through. :D

5. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I know right? I see them very calm too, strolling around the park quietly with their double strollers, sipping coffee as if they don't have a care in the world!

Congrats in advance for a very hyper future! Oh looking forward to your stories soon :)

Christie likes this.
  6. Christie

Christie Active Member

Oh my! What wonderful news! I've always secretly wished for twins. Imagine all the matching outfits, and walks in double strollers, and mix and match toys. :)

As for pregnancy, I would suggest maintaining a good weight within the normal limit, as you might find it difficult carrying twins that are both overweight. Other than that, take good care of yourself and enjoy the ride :)

7. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Are they identical twins or fraternal? I think whichever is great, there's just no more pressure if you get both genders in one go! I would also love to have twins! I think they're wonderful!

8. Congratulations! Twins are the cutest. I always follow the popular twins on Instagram, they look so adorbale with their twin outfit. You must have been so blessed, you know what they say, double babies, means more blessings! You now have to buy everything in pair. I just wonder though how to tell them apart. :)

Solange Diaz likes this.
  9. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I would have so much fun playing dress up with twins too! They are the cutest. I can imagine the headache getting them all dressed up though. haha

10. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Congratulations! You're so blessed. I wonder how it feels, how it differs from carrying one. I've always wanted to have twins, put them in the same everything from clothes to shoes. It must be so funnnn. Wait do you already know if you're having fraternal or identical twins?

11. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I think it would be harder to carry twins, heavier even if you're lucky :p But I bet it is fun! Oh how I sometimes wish to have twins! :D

12. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I think pregnancy in general is difficult but twins are double trouble! Can't wait for your confirmation if you are going to have fraternal or identical twins. Either way they are really cute, I could also imagine the tandem scooters.

13. I have always thought that people who have twins are super lucky! I mean you get double the fun, but caring for three boys made me realize that it could also be very difficult because nursing one child to sleep is quite a Herculean task already and I can't imagine having two of them! But I still think you are lucky, never mind the task we are all lucky to have our children.