1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Two Miscarriages after Normal Pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Miscarriage And Loss Discussion' started by Princess, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Princess

Princess Active Member

One of my co-workers and close friend is frustrated with herself. She has a wonderful 2-year old girl, prefectly healthy and who she carried for nine months without any problem or complication. 8 months ago, she had a miscarriage at 9 weeks, and now she had a miscarriage at 4 weeks.

She's so distressed right now and I was wondering what are the chances that this can happen to other moms who had normal pregnancies..

2. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

My OB told me back then when I was going through threatened abortion during the 1st trimester that miscarriages are really on the rise and it is almost normal. It must be our diet these days, or the stressors in the environment. Fortunately, we got through that and my son was born at 39 weeks.

3. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I was told that miscarriages are actually nature's way of selection. If the fetus is problematic, there is a low chance the baby will thrive outside the womb. It all sounds very logical when put that way. But a mother will always feel the hurt.

4. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

My OB said that sometimes, while the fetus is still developing in the early stages, many factors affect it and like @Dilly's Mom said, stress, our diet, and the environment can make the fetus weak, thus making it harder to survive even within the womb.

5. Princess

Princess Active Member

It is very heartbreaking whenever any mom goes through it. I can almost always feel their pain. It seems unbearable. But it does make sense if you put it that way. Nature's way of selection, like survival of the fittest.

6. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Maybe she's under a lot of stress during those times. Or maybe she has developed hormonal problems or other medical conditions like diabetes. Has she consulted her doctor about it? The next time she wants to try again, it's better to consult her OB first and have her monitor her entire pregnancy.

7. Christie

Christie Active Member

She must feel so heartbroken right now. :( I have to agree with everyone that the doctors may be able to find out the cause of these miscarriages and help her prepare for her next pregnancy.

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

In my opinion, what would be best is for her to keep in touch with her OB, watch what she eats, try to distress herself and stay away from negative people. Try to see a psychiatrist to help in the mourning of her loss because it is difficult and once she's ready take time to be a mother to her child more and she will definitely find happiness in that. As much as I would like to believe that it's nature's way of selection, that should never be mentioned to a grieving mother.

What we can do is to help her be nurtured back to her old self, make her happy and hope for the best. Miscarriages may happen, but I think with proper nutrition and help from your doctor, this could be avoided.

9. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I met an old woman in the park and had a chat about womanhood with her. She said that we young women (yes, I believe we're still young :p) are being put under too much stress that our bodies take toll and become almost unsuitable for motherhood. That is her opinion of course but I sort of feel that she is right.

10. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Today as 'millenials' we are juggling different aspects of our lives. We have work, family, social life, etc. It was a whole lot different back in older generation's day.

11. Princess

Princess Active Member

Yeah, it's been so much of a roller coaster lately. I often feel pressured that I have to be very successful in my career and be able to balance family life and friendship altogether, sometimes it all feels too much of a burden to be a woman..

12. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Yeah. It's hard to be a woman generally. A mother, wife, careerwoman, etc sometimes it takes a toll on me. Especially now that I'm pregnant and my hormones are on a craze, I sometimes feel overwhelmed about it all. That's why it's nice to destress every once in a while.

13. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Hi, I had one miscarriage before I had my three boys. It was depressing because me and my husband were looking forward to have a baby. I had miscarriage at 15 weeks, and it was a girl. We thought she will be our only princess. I was so stressed with work at the time so that added to the pressure while I was pregnant. I got so depressed to the point that I don't want to talk to anyone, watch TV and even go outside our bedroom. My husband, who was so supportive didn't give up on me. He was a very positive and jolly person, he always tried to give me the best day he could afford by always cooking for me, bringing me breakfast in bed, bringing me flowers everyday until I was able to cope up, set up my friends for a picnic on the beach. Yes, these are possible and does not happen in movies only. Husband like him really do exist.

We tried after 2 years and I decided to stay at home to take care of my health and my baby. It was a bouncing baby boy. Then two more boys came after. Stress is really one of the factors that lead to miscarriage, this is a serious threat that we should not ignore. It is always good that we always distress especially if we are workaholic, I was one of them.

I'm sorry I have to post this long. I just remembered the pain when I had that experience, but it opened a lot of blessings and more joy for me and my husband. We are blessed with 3 cute boys and we are very happy. :)

HappyMum and Honeylette like this.
  14. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Awww.. This has to be one of the most inspiring stories I have read. It really is heartbreaking to lose an angel, and at that time we really need the unconditional love and support of our partner.

Stress is really something that many people overlook. It can cause so many illnesses such as stroke, diabetes, heart problems, and miscarriages.

You are very lucky and blessed indeed. Thanks for sharing this story with us! :)

15. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

@Amber Lee that is a very lovely and inspiring story! I'm glad you shared it, because many moms are having difficulty with this situation and the numbers are increasing - mainly because of stress.

Women are "forced" to build careers and balance caring for their families at the same time, and it is not an easy feat and causes too much stress.

16. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Thanks guys @HappyMum and @Honeylette. It was really depressing. I never thought I would experience that despite I am also a jolly and happy person. I guess these moments really do happen for us to appreciate life more and appreciate the people around us. I am very blessed to have a husband who didn't give up on me and friends who really uplifted my spirit and my faith.

Honeylette likes this.
  17. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

You're right. Sometimes things happen and we can't explain why, but we have to trust God and believe that everything will turn out better. Appreciation is key to a happy life :)

18. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Amen to that! Sometimes we dwell so much on the darkness that we forget there's a ray of light waiting to be noticed. Life is tough, but we should be tougher. Aha!