1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Video game time

Discussion in 'Dad Talk' started by MrHandy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Soooo since I manage my business from home, I have pretty much tons of time to play around with my kiddos. My two younger girls just love it when I play video games with them, but my wife disapproves. How should we go about this?

2. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I like video games too but not those that are too gory and violent. For kids, stick to kiddie adventure games and none of those bloody hell games you boys love so much :p

3. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Maybe talk to your wife about how you both want playtime to be. Ask her why she disapproves, because most of the time wives are unhappy for a reason :p

4. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

Video games are somehow beneficial, and can actually improve mental alertness! I let my daughters play but only for a few minutes! well, maybe a few more when the missus isn't looking. lol

5. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Moderation is key, video games aren't half as bad. Perhaps you and your wife could draw up a list of aceptable play ideas and a schedule so that you can be sure of having balance.

6. LizB

LizB Member

This is actually quite a good idea. Better to have all.cards.on the table and agree on how to keep it balanced. :)

7. I guess this is what really dads do to bond with their kids. My brother does this with his kids too. I am not against it but I guess it should be done with moderation or there's a certain time limit when playing so they can still do other things and be productive.

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Dads love video games, whether they admit it or not. So they use this to bond with their kids and at the same they enjoy it themselves. Haha. But I think this is cool. They develop some sort of sportsmanship with playing these kinds of games.

9. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

I can attest to that! haha. Me and my daughters while playing on the console - we're just in sync. :)

10. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Thanks everyone for the advice! :D

I always tell my wife that video games can improve reflex and reaction time of the kids and they can help develop critical thinking and problem solving too :p She's not much of a video game fan though.

11. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Uh huh. Sounds like what my husband tells me when he is out playing video games with his brother. :p Boys will be boys! :D

12. Hahaha. Sure they do! :p

13. Princess

Princess Active Member

Hahaha @rogerscarla171 and @Honeylette! I am thinking the exact same thing: "Yep. Let's go with that."
    Lol. Kidding aside @MrHandy, everything should be done in moderation ;)

14. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

15. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hmm. @Rrrobert, let me think...
    Ladies, these guys are trying to brainwash us into video games! :p

16. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I think it's best if your wife join you, right? It would be a great family bonding. I know there are games that the family can play. It would be a great idea.

17. well I dont know about that, but I'd surely beat my hubby in a "friendly" game of NBA 2k! :p:p:p

18. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Oh I would love a game time with my wife. Before we had kids, we used to play tons of video games haha. Now, it's all about work and the other "finer" things in life as said by women :p

19. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Well then I think it's the best time to rekindle the fire of playing with your wife, it would be so much fun I'm sure and the kids will be happy seeing you two play. It will a good memory for the kids. I am sure of that. :)

20. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

I'll try @MommyofTwo ;) She's just so into crafts and spa time, as well as cooking and wine-and-cheese haha. Must be the group of friends she has. Must get rid of them. Lol. Just joking.