1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Water pool birth

Discussion in 'Labor and Birth' started by Princess, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Princess

Princess Active Member

I'm just curious and pretty much considering it, because of so many good reps this birthing method has with on our community.
    Has anyone ever done it here? What are your thoughts with water birthing?

2. Christie

Christie Active Member

I've seen one before when my cousin gave birth to her eldest child about three years ago. It is good, she said, and she also told me that the water actually helps lessen the pain..

3. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I've read online that water birth is relaxing and less stressful. It allows you to breathe calmly, instead of having short, shallow breaths which make the pain worse. Your body also releases more endorphins which help you cope with contractions. I myself am considering it, I haven't tried it before.

4. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I remember the movie Back Up plan, one of the mom there had water pool birth. It looks relaxing but here in my place, that is very rare to happen. Hospital birth or lying in clinics are most preferred. We are not yet introduced with that type of birthing plan, or maybe there were some who did that but very, very few.

5. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Here in our place too, hospitals are more preferred than others. I am interested and intrigued, but I don't think I would want to try it. It does have a good reputation among those who tried it though :)

6. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I was considering it as my birthing plan, but then baby had complications and I decided that the hospitable is the safest place to give birth then. Who knows, maybe next time?

7. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I have seen my former officemate's post regarding her water birth story and it was truly amazing to see, however, I am not sure if I have the courage to go through that kind of birthing style. Really brave souls. I salute mothers who are able to do that.

8. This is interesting. I am so curious about giving birth in a birthing home. I was born at home because back in the days, there are people who opt to give birth at home and my mom gave birth to all of us (we are 6) at home. I am not comfortable though thinking of giving birth in a waterpool where I had to dip there while there are contractions. Well, that's just me. :)

9. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I buy into the whole idea of water birthing. But I wasn't comfortable giving birth at home as I am a bit of a germophobe. And then in the end, my baby was too big to push out anyways so ended up CS.

10. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

It was a bit popular during my time, and they say it was very relaxing for both the mom and the newborn. I just thought I didn't want to sit in a pool during labor where my blood and other stuff gets mixed with the water, but maybe it's just me :p

11. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I'm a bit OC when it comes to those things, and blood is not something I am very comfortable with. You can even say I am scared of it. So I think I'll leave it with the doctors and nurses to deal with that haha ;)

12. Princess

Princess Active Member

I saw that movie too! Since my husband and my family are all scared of blood, I couldn't possibly use that method when I give birth. It really is quite interesting though.

13. Gosh, yes the blood! Seeing it all over the pool, aahh, I can't handle that. I think my husband will not like the idea too because he has to be there, right? He might get stressed out and walk out. Haha. I imagine his face seeing the blood.

14. Christie

Christie Active Member

@pocketfullofsunshine Yeah me too! I bet my family and husband would try their best not to faint, but maybe they'll just walk away at the sight of it :p

15. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

If I were given a chance, I would try it. But then again, I am worried that my baby might catch a cold or some infection when I go that in the future.

16. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Fainting will actually break the ice, haha! When you see them pale and uncomfortable. Lucky for those husband who are supportive of their wives who like water pool birth.

17. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I think this would entail a lot of consultations with the birthing home? I am not sure if that is what they are called but I do believe that similar to lamaze delivery you have to be physically and psychologically ready for it.

18. I think this movie is precisely the reason why I didn't consider having a water birth. It's laborious and was definitely misrepresented. My former colleague had this type of birth on her third baby because she was having C-sections and she feels that her babies are a bit stressed and she went with it peacefully.

19. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

They are somehow traumatic with some of the new moms and watching them in pain of labor, no anesthesia and all. I think I have high tolerance with pain but I will not consider this in case I will have another child. :)

20. I mean, they are traumatic for anyone who have no idea how childbirth really feels like. Especially when you see episodes where things go wrong. I feel that pregnancy and giving birth depends on the capability of the mother. If you condition yourself to be able to do anything for your child, it will happen.