1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Water pool birth

Discussion in 'Labor and Birth' started by Princess, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Summer

Summer Member

I was thinking of this when I was pregnant because I read somewhere that this is somehow comforting because you are in the water and the water helps you relax and all, however usuallly if you opt for this there will be no anesthesia whatsoever and I am not sure if I can take the pain when I am ready to push. I'm scared I might break into pieces or have a hard time pushing and feeling the pain at the same time.

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I
    I think this is the case of most mothers who plan to have a water birth. If there are no complications involved (and that means regular check ups with a medical professional), then I can imagine that a water birth could indeed be more peaceful for the baby. But definitely, water or no, labour pains are still labour pains for Mom. :D

3. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I haven't seen that movie yet, but if I saw it first before my officemate's wondrous water birth, I would probably not consider it. Now that I already saw what the real water birth is, I am still not exactly sure if I would want to go through it. Plus the fact that I freak out a lot with a little wound, so pushing a human being with all the blood and whatnots would be too much for me.

4. Did you give birth naturally, or through CS? I think the purpose of the water is to calm your nerves, it's warm water, relaxing. In addition, if you are in the water the vagina and cervix is able to open naturally allowing the process to be a lot easier, compared to being on top of a cold medical table.

5. Summer

Summer Member

I gave birth NSD. I opted for painless birth but I still felt a little pain after the anesthesia is gone. Yeah, I read that it helps the cervix open naturally but I was just wondering if the pain is the same as giving birth NSD.

6. A colleague of mine said that the pain is there, because it's happening inside your body, but it's exiting gracefully channeled by the warm water. I still couldn't wrap my head around what that means but she said everyone looks peaceful. They were taught proper breathing exercises and push methods.