1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Weird baby names

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Christie, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Christie

Christie Active Member

I heard that some people named their babies after Google or after fictional movie characters such as Robocop or Dragonite lol. Would you go that far?

2. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Really? I was thinking if there are really weird names, but if they name their child as Robocop, I can't understand. I would not opt to name my kids after a hero like Superma or Batman. It's weird. :)

3. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I will bluntly say, NO! I would prefer names with more sensible meaning

4. Christie

Christie Active Member

Haha. I think I heard in the news before that a state in the US made it illegal to name kids like that because the numbers are rising.

5. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I heard this before too. Actually, Kim Kardashian named her baby North, for me it is kind of weird since they intended it to become North West. :p

6. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Haha I would definitely not want to name my baby after weird fictional characters. LOL.

7. Princess

Princess Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was corny, but my friends think it's cool so to each his own I guess. Haha. I'm not into weird names though. My baby might hate me lol.

8. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Haha @Princess! Yeah I could imagine my kid being laughed at in school and going home to blame me for giving such a weird name. The Kardashians can get away with it because they are famous though :p

9. Christie

Christie Active Member

You're right @jenny :D Celebrities can get away with it but normal and regular kids can't. They might become the laughing stock until they grow up.

10. Some could get away with it and actually don't mind what others say. Some also have their own reality so they may not understand how laughable their pick to others is. I am not brave enough to give this uniqueness to my child :)

11. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Me either. My friends would have thought that I was crazy or mean. Sometimes it sounds cute to us, but to all other people, it's a really bad name.

12. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

I wouldn't mind having weird but cool names for my kids! Haha! But the wife may not agree with that. I once tried to name my daughter from a video game and she was giving me "the look" :D

13. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Take one for the daddy team LOL :p

14. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

I'm guessing its around the name of "Zelda"? haha :D

15. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I kid you not when I say, there is an Asian kid out there named Lord Voldemort. Honestly. Google it.

16. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

17. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member