1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

What do you do with your free time?

Discussion in 'Empty Nest' started by MommyofTwo, Nov 7, 2016.

1. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

When the kids are asleep and you are all alone at home, what do you usually do?

When my kids are not at home, when they go with my sister to eat somewhere or stroll outside our village, what I do is I take a very long shower. Haha. Showering is the best reward for me these times. Sometimes I wish my kids are older so I can have my own time, but when I look at them, I wish they would stay small for long.

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Alone at home and kid asleep? I clean the mess the kid left (and there is always a mess). And then I take a looooong hot shower too and then grab chocolates and binge. Hahaha!

3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Oh, I live for those moments! I try to attack the tall tower of unread books I have by my bedside. Some of them have been there since I was pregnant. :D And I go online, and visit forums like this one :D

4. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Just watching TV, Netflix, YouTube vids, and reading books or the paper. Not that I have much of a choice being in complete bed rest and being alone with the kids and nanny. But our wonderful dog has taken up the job of entertaining me, sometimes even bringing me "gifts". :D

5. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I've taken on a new hobby, trying to learn how to paint and do arts and crafts. I sort of grew tired with reading books and watching TV, and lately it's getting a bit cold that I don't want to spend too much time outside.
    Sometimes I do yoga too. Or at least watch the videos of yoga haha. :D

6. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I also love watching movies from my computer and putting on headsets so I can make the sounds louder. Haha. Gosh, it's been a while since I watched a movie. I have been so busy with chores and some stuff lately. My body needs some rest. :p

7. I eat. I eat in peace and I get to swallow my food with pride. Haha. I cannot eat my lunch and dinner with my kids especially with my youger kid because he keeps on having tantrums the moment I open my mouth to swallow my food. Seriously. I long to eat peacefully and I only get the chance when they're asleep at night so I have to let them eat first and then after putting them to bed, that's when I can eat.

8. When my kids are away, usually outside playing since they are really young. I take the time to cook, in peace. I try a new recipe that I could feed them later, or experiment on a bento box look which they could take in school. I also try my best to create certain crafts, like last time I made their Halloween costumes.

9. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Haha! I can imagine your kids waiting for you to eat then they time their tantrums and craziness. :D
    My kids used to keep playing with their food, like mini food fights the moment I look away for like 5 seconds. :confused:

10. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I'm starting to think that being old has me caught up in the webs! I do gardening, knitting, crocheting, and doing puzzles. They seem pretty boring to many people, but they keep me relaxed throughout the day. If the day is sunny and nice, I go to the park to watch the children and dogs and other pets play around. :)

11. They know when I'm hungry! They always make it impossible for me to eat. Crazy kids. I sometimes eat fast when they like the food they are eating so by the time they are done, I am done eating too. It's a race for me most of the time. Hahaha.

I love word hunt. I used to buy those from the bookstore and I could finish them in one sitting. They are addicting. But now, i just download from Playstore and play from my phone. It is really different when you do it the old way. Priceless.

12. I wish I have passion for crafts too. I am trying hard mom for bento. Hahaha. The only expertise I have there is making a heart-shaped hotdog for my kids' snack. I love to try that when I have the patience to arrange the bento box.

13. Christie

Christie Active Member

I have this booklet full of puzzles, mind games, sudoku, and crosswords. They keep me entertained as my mind is challenged with the tasks or questions provided by booklet. It's a fun activity to do when there's peace and quiet and when the kids are sleeping. :D

14. Isn't it nice whe they are all asleep? There's finally peace inside the house? We sure will miss it when they're grown up. But sometimes all the chaos can be very annoying.

15. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

It's always a bliss when they are asleep and when the house is clean and quiet. hahaha.

I have a new hobby, watching cooking show in FYI. Hahaha. But I watch it with my daughter who wants to be a baker when she grows up, this has become a bonding for both of us.

16. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

It is a relief when the kids are off to school. I can do whatever I want haha kidding but srsly though, the house is peaceful. I get to relax for a bit and watch my favorite shows without getting worried.

17. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

We always want peace at home. Hahaha. We surely miss the house quiet and in peace, right? Especially if you have two or more toddlers, oh no, it will be a chaos. Messy, crazy and wild life. :)

18. Sometimes, when our kids are fastasleep, me ad my husband sneak to a nearby food house and have a quick informal date as we love to eat. We like exploring and trying new food whenever we get a chance and if we have extra cash. :)

19. Hah! There are times when we do that too! We usually watch a movie (the last screening), my mom lives with us so I am assured that the kids are going to be alright.

20. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

We don't have kids yet, but free time is pretty hard to come by as well due to some other responsibilities. I know I shouldn't be too concerned about these stuff but it's pretty difficult to get things done.