1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

What do you like about holidays?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by pocketfullofsunshine, Dec 25, 2016.

1. I like it when we ave reunion and potlucks during Christmas. I enjoy watching kids opening their gifts and giving them food and sweets and money.

At the moment, the kids here are so noisy playing and laughing. I just love holidays. It brings joy to each member of the family. :)

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I love the food, the gifts and the exciting and priceless reactions of kids when they open their gifts in Christmas morning. I just love it. Even if you give them a simple and not so expensive gifts, they appreciate it and you will really see the twinkle in their eyes seeing the toys and sweets. Oh, I just love holidays!

3. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I love the excitement of it all. :) The food, the laughter, the gifts, all part of the experience. It's just a great way to reaffirm family bonds.

4. Summer

Summer Member

I love this year's holiday since this is the first holiday with my daughter. Though we didn't cook and prepare meals, we were able to eat with my in laws and open gifts this morning. I want this to happen every year. It's a nice tradition I want to keep.

5. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

This is my baby's first Christmas and i loved how he was the star of every family gathering. And he sopped it up giddily! That's the best part of the holiday, family.

And the great food!

6. LizB

LizB Member

I love how people gets more thoughrful during the holidays. You may not here from them the whole year, and suddenly you will be surprised that you were on their mind for the holidays. Even if it was just a simple greeting. It just makes me feel we are all connected.

7. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

The food! HANDS DOWN. But I also get tired a lot. Holidays are a lot tougher on moms, I learned today. Wish I could.be a kid again for an hour.

8. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I love seeing my boys getting into their pajamas after our pre Christmas dinner and waking up early and eating breakfast while staring at the Christmas tree trying to see if they can spot their names on the gifts under the tree. Haha. It has been a tradition for my family to open gifts in the morning and get them to wear Christmas pajamas for them to feel the spirit of Christmas. :)

9. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yeah me too, you don't expect them to give you gifts but they have gifts for you, isn't that sweet? :)

10. The kids opening their presents and the process of completing a presents list are my faves.

11. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Gift-giving and the limited edition holiday drinks in coffee shops are my favorite :)

12. Christie

Christie Active Member

I love seeing the kids with their eyes lit up with happiness and cheer. They just love the gifts, the attention, the kisses from relatives, the food, and lots of playing in the snow with their cousins :D

13. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Oh I love going Christmas shopping and having sales all over the place! We have boxing day yesterday, and everything has the price dropped off incredibly. :D

14. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

The vacation! My husband has mandatory vacation from the 24th of December to January 2nd, so we take the time to spend it in the countryside, going on dates, and visiting family :D

15. Princess

Princess Active Member

Wow you're lucky! We're on a tight budget this year, and the 4 of us are stuck at home playing around. We're expecting visitors by the new year so I guess it will do :)

16. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Sounds like an enjoyable and exciting week :)

17. Christie

Christie Active Member

Haha, I sure hope we can save up for a vacation soon like you @Princess! Have fun dear :D

18. The countryside sounds so satisfying and worth a travel.

19. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

We get to spend some time with our family, especially our kids. Also, gift giving and family reunion is the best! :D