1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

What was your dream name for your child?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by pocketfullofsunshine, Nov 3, 2016.

1. I really like the name Noah and Rebecca, but was not able to name it after my two kids. I have no plans of having kids so I was kind of regretful that I didn't name them after those that I like. Anyone who share the same sentiments? My husband named our son and I named our daughter and we decided to give one name only so it is very short and easy to remember.

What was your dream name for your child/children?

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I have a really puffy name (Solange) which i think is too soft. I wanted to name my kids something practical. Like Ben or Abby. My hubby hated both so we ended up with Enzo.

rainbowmom6249 likes this.
  3. Oh, Ben is a nice name! I also like Ethan for a boy and Summer for a girl, but my husband doesn't like it. We have different taste with names, I named my daughter and he named our son.

4. Princess

Princess Active Member

I have quite a few names in my mind, but some of them are not practical (too long or hard to pronounce) so I'm sticking with shorter ones. I'm a fan of one syllable names:

Paige
    Maine
    Leigh
    Sam
    Dan
    Cain

They're not that cutesy but they'll be easy for the kids to say and write :D

Christie likes this.
  5. I also don't like long names. Some are even hard to spell. For me, the shorter the better. :) But of course it all depends on the parents, some prefer longer names.

6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

When I was about 14 years old, i decided out of the blue that I want to have a baby boy and name him David. But by the time I finally had a son, a lot of my friends already had their sons, and i know 2 of them named theirs David as well. I didn't want to look like a copycat, and besides, it would be so confusing to have 3 Davids in the same playgroup. So I chose Dylan.

If it's a girl, I will still vote for Sophie.

7. Christie

Christie Active Member

I love short names, but somehow I like names with a bit of flair too! ;)

For a girl, I want Azaleah.
    For a boy, I'd like Mikhail.

8. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I've always wanted to name my kids something unique. Since my childhood days, the name Sarabi is one of my favorites. I would most likely name my baby that if she's a she. ☺️

9. My kids have strong sounding names: Cedric, Johanne, Maurice

Each comes with a story tied to it, in one way or another, my husband and I agreed on all of them which is the most amazing part!

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

The dream name I have for my kids are Ira and Io, I have mentioned it already in the other thread if I am going to have more child I would probably have Aeon or Orion.

11. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Those are really cute and unique names! I remember looking up when my name Annie is called, only to find three or four other kids looking up in disappointment like I am haha. Saves your kid from confusion :D

12. I do not have a daughter, but I have always dreamed of naming her Hyacinth like the flower. My boys have manly names, and I always thought of having one of them named after a chocolate bar so my youngest is named Maureese.

13. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Aww I like Maureese! It's cute and unique, and not hard to spell and say. :D

14. LizB

LizB Member

I am excited to find out the gender of my baby. :) If it's a boy, I want to name him Ian. And if it's a girl, I like the name Arwen. :)

15. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Do I smell a Lord of the Rings fan? :) I approve the name Arwen. Hahaha! It's on my list too :)

16. Yup, that was the idea! Plus I could probably call him Reese when he grows up, but it will depend on him. Right now I keep on calling him baby. :D

17. Summer

Summer Member

Before I got pregnant I knew already I will name my daughter Autumn. Since I just have one baby for now, when I get pregnant hopefully to be a boy, I will name him Winter. :)

18. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

You will almost complete the season, if you would consider naming your last kid Fall? I am not sure if Fall is a great name, or if it would qualify as a name at all, it just sounds nice if you guys have all the seasons. :D

19. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

A complete set of the seasons, sounds lovely :D

20. I am still trying my best to wrap around the idea of having a child named Fall. :D