1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

When is a good time for baby shower?

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by JennyCannes, Nov 22, 2016.

?

When is the perfect time to have your baby shower?

1. Before delivery

100.0%
  2. After delivery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I have heard debates about when the perfect time for a baby shower should be done. Should the baby shower be scheduled before or after the delivery date? Would it be fine to host the baby shower after the baby is born?

Sorry :p I know it's a lot of questions but I'm just curious.

2. I think before delivery is better. Why? Because a baby shower means you are celebrating the gender of your baby usually when you're 7 months pregnant. And that's the time as well when friends give gifts upon learning the gender of the baby.

When you do that after delivery, you might be exhausted and tired. Besides you can invite your friends when you get your baby baptized.

Leiah likes this.
  3. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I still feel that having a baby shower before the delivery is way better. You could actually do a gender reveal along with it. It would be a little difficult to do the shower after delivery because it would mean that the baby is already there to take care of, a welcome party would be much better at that time or you may want to concentrate on the christening or 1st birthday.

Solange Diaz and Leiah like this.
  4. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I think so too! You will be so busy and tired when you give birth that a baby shower would seem like a chore to you. And I agree with @pocketfullofsunshine that you can save from buying baby stuff when your friends give you their gifts :p

5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Before giving birth is way better. You'll have full hands after giving birth you will not think of doing it anymore. Haha. Believe me. You will be too busy to think about baby shower. :)

6. Yes, right? You don't want to double the things you buy and the gifts you will receive for the baby unless you enrolled for gift registry. You can also tell them what stuff you missed buying so they will give that for the baby instead. Usually, they will ask you what you need for the baby and what you already have so they will not buy it anymore.

7. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I tried imagining it if I had the baby shower after delivery. I probably wouldn't have attended my own baby shower. It would have been pretty difficult with what me not even being able to shower daily myself. :D

8. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Before is the best way to go. :) That way you can just buy the stuff you didnt receive during the shower. :)

9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I remember having a registry with each pregnancy but for some reason it was mostly ignored hahaha and I mostly got different gifts than what I wrote.

10. Yikes! Maybe the people are not exposed much with registry, huh? Anyhow, we should still be thankful whether they give gifts or not on the baby shower celebration. As long as friends and family are there, with good food and goodlaugh, everypne's happy. I am pretty suire the baby will be happy too. :)

11. JennyCannes

That's the best thing about baby showers, the free stuff, and the nice company. It's always fun to host baby showers. If only we can do it more often lol :D

12. JennyCannes

Thanks for your answers! :D Come to think of it, I wouldn't attend my own baby shower if I am exhausted with childbirth and taking care of the baby.

13. I couldn't imagine being able to attend to a baby shower while I am busy with setting up either the first birthday or the christening of my child.

14. I know! That's one of the occasions me and my friends usually gathers up and meet other than birthdays and Christmas. However, having more baby showers means having more babies. haha.

15. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Most girls are so lucky to have great friends who also double as event coordinators! I am not exactly good at keeping secrets and balancing event planning with my work, but it is sure fun to participate. :D