1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

when to stop pills?

Discussion in 'Wanting to conceive' started by Princess, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Princess

Princess Active Member

My cousin is seeing her OB in two weeks to see their options for trying to conceive, but she is still on pills and asking around when she is supposed to stop taking them.

Some say a few weeks, some say days, while some say months. Any advice before she sees her OB? Just to calm her down, she's been on it forever and it's stressing her out.

2. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hmm.. If you're still on the pill, why don't you finish this pack and then stop, that way you won't be disturbing the balance of your hormones by a sudden stop.
    Ideally they say stop for months, but some get pregnant right away.

3. Yes I agree with @Christie in completing the pack first then stop if she's ready to conceive. Then take vitamins too for the immune system.

4. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

If you're asking if they can conceive right away after stopping her pills or will it take a few months, then the answer depends on her body chemistry. Some people take a few month, even a year or so, after stopping the pill.

5. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Just like they say, in order to maintain your hormone balance, finish your current pack of pills and try to keep healthy. I'm sure once your body is ready, you will be able to have a child :)