1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

When to try to conceive after miscarriage?

Discussion in 'General Miscarriage And Loss Discussion' started by Leiah, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

A friend in our neighborhood had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and needed to undergo D&C. I've had different opinions on when to try to conceive again, OB said whenever I am ready so that's a bit too vague an answer for me. Others say when I have had regular periods for at least 3 cycles. Some say right away. What do you think?

2. Princess

Princess Active Member

If you and your husband decide that you already want to have a baby, and that your health and your finances are ready as well, then might as well try as early as you can ;)

3. i think it would be best to wait for at least one full cycle? just so your system would "flush out". but then again, it's going to be up to the both of you. haha. best of luck!

4. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

you should follow your OB. nobody other than you and your OB can say anything about your reproductive system. :)

5. Summer

Summer Member

For me, it would be better if you let your womb rest for a while, no specific number of days or months but when you feel you've rested well. The womb goes through a lot during miscarriage so I think they also need time to heal.

6. I think its more of an emotional preparation than the physical. if you're ready to face that music again. all the best for them! :)

7. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Yup, I think so too. but the mental and emotional preparedness of the both of them should be taken into account as well. :)

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

This is true. Take time to heal physically, emotionally and mentally. You have to take care of yourself so you won't experience miscarriage again. Remember that it is always best to look after your health first. It is a must.

9. Summer

Summer Member

Yes, of course. :) all aspects must be taken into consideration too. It's a total package. :)