1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Will Start Foster Care :D

Discussion in 'General Adoption Chat' started by HappyMum, Nov 24, 2016.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I am sooooo excited to announce that my husband and I after so many thoughts and talks, finally decided to start foster care.

Of course, we still have to be evaluated by the social service officials here in our community, but it's a start, and hopefully we will be eligible to foster for children who are in great need of love and home. I will be posting our story once we get things going. Fingers crossed! :D

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Wow! That's great news! I pray that you pass the evaluation so you can foster children. How many do you plan to foster? Will social service also come to your house and inspect and observe? I remember the game The Sims, when you foster a child they will need to go to your house and check your house if it fits and safe for the baby/child to live with you.

3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I wish you the best and may your endeavour be blessed. I believe you are doing an amazing thing and I hope you find the kid who needs your love the most. :)

4. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I am so excited for you!! I am looking forward to the stories you will share. It will also give us a first hand account on fostering which may come in handy in the future. :)

5. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I can imagine your excitement! :D I bet it feels just like when you're expecting a baby, and I am so happy for you and your husband!
    Please update us here on how it will go :)

6. Princess

Princess Active Member

Wow, this is very great news! I'm excited to read all about it here. I hardly know people who do foster care or adoptions, and I am really interested to know how it works.

Good luck :D

7. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

That's great! I know you would be eligible, such kind hearted people. I don't know anyone who are foster parents, so I'm very excited for you. God bless you and your husband. It must feel so rewarding and priceless. ;)

8. Christie

Christie Active Member

We have a neighbor who is fostering children.I see kids come and go, and asked her why she isn't adopting and she said she isn't ready yet. But she says it is heartbreaking every time a child leaves for a forever family. You must be prepared for that too..

9. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

@Christie, yes, it is something to be emotionally prepared for. After all, fostering means that it is only temporary, until the time when the social workers decide that the child is ready for a forever family, and if both of you are perfect fit for each other.

10. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Thank you for your kind words and advice! My husband and I are both very excited for this and we're so nervous. I hope everything turns out okay and we get approved for foster care as they are really strict about it here.

11. LizB

LizB Member

This sounds exciting. I thought of fostering too, because PCOS runs in my family and I thought I would not get pregnant. Do let us know once in a while how it goes. i would love to learn more. :)

12. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I once thought of it too, because before I really did not want to have kids. But my perspective changed when I got to take care of my nephews and nieces. :)

13. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

This is really great, you might actually be of really valuable help to some of the kids leaving in orphanages. I just hope you and your husband get through it together. It is an admirable act.