1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Yoga for Kids

Discussion in 'Primary School Age' started by Dilly's Mom, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Would you consider teaching your kids yoga? I wonder how we.can motivate them to do it.

I shared a video in our media page about a resource you can use if you are.considering to engage kids in the activity. :)

<iframe width="300" height="411" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

This looks really cute! I'm going to tell my sister about it, my nephews are very active and I think they can benefits from the relaxing and fun yoga for kids :)

3. Christie

Christie Active Member

It's a pretty funny video, and cute too. My kid tried to follow it at first but then got distracted and started running around lol. Maybe when she's a bit older I can try this with her :D

4. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I do a bit of yoga but had to stop because it turned out I was doing it wrong, and had back issues. I think this video though will absolutely not cause me pain, and maybe it would be fund to do with my nieces and nephews too. Will give it a try this Christmas!

5. Princess

Princess Active Member

It's a lot like playtime, I'm sure the kids will love copying this video over and over. I can imagine them being all over the place and bumping each other rather than having a calm yoga session like in the video though haha :p

6. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I liked doing yoga before, and even progressed to advanced yoga and intermediate pilates. They are fun, and gives great flexibility to kids especially those who are extremely active (I mean very, very, very active). This is mild yoga and can be used to start their yoga at some point :D

7. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

My child won't do it. Even if I was doing it and imitating the video including the crawling part, she still won't do it.

"That's not fuuuuun moooom!"

Kids these days. Hard to keep them amused. :rolleyes:

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Maybe I can encourage my kids, nieces and nephews to do this if they are together and would like to learn new things. Kids these days want more interaction with fellow kids than sitting and following instruction, they have become more impatient. But this is great when it's done in a class, I think.

9. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Hahaha! Same here. My eldest daughter's 6 and she doesn't seem very interested in the video. Maybe if they were with a group they'd be amused. Doing this with cousins and neighbors.

10. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Funny enough that I read this, my kid did it when two of the neighbor's kids followed the video. They are toddlers though, so it's easier to convince them than a 6-year old :)

11. I will not impose it on any of my kids and won't be shocked if they won't take interest really. Since Yoga, in essence is a "mind-and-body" discipline, I think children won't really the best candiidates.

12. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

It's so funny, although it is really expected. After all, yoga is not really made for very young kids.
    Maybe a bit later in their primary school you can encourage them :)

13. Exactly what I thought! a little ways down the road, and sure enough! Well... that is if they'd be interested in Yoga compared to playing their video games.